Authentic Bolognese in a Slow Cooker
Authentic Bolognese in a slow cooker is a great way to enrich this classic dish. Quick, simple and mouth watering, follow this easy recipe for a great dish cooked to perfection.
- Serves approximately 4 people.
- Cooking time takes around 8 hours on the low setting.
- Preparation time is around 30 minutes for this recipe.
Authentic Bolognese in a Slow Cooker - Ingredients
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Butter (30 grams/1 ounce)
- 1 Onion (Medium)
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1 Carrot (Medium)
- Pork mince (200 grams/7 ounces)
- Beef mince (200 grams/7 ounces)
- Pancetta (150 grams/5 ½ ounces)
- Tomato puree (1 ½ tablespoons)
- Beef stock (200ml/7fl ounces)
- Whole milk (100ml/3 ½ fl ounces)
- Red wine (200ml/7fl ounces)
- Tagliatelle (400 grams/14 ounces)
- Parmesan (To top the dish)
Authentic Bolognese in a Slow Cooker - Instructions
Start by heating both the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan.
Add the finely chopped celery, carrot, pancetta and onion to the saucepan and heat up gently of around 10 minutes.
Add the pork and beef mince, cook till both meats are browned off.
Here we will add the red wine, not drink it!
Increase the heat until the red wine has evaporated.
Blend both the beef stock and tomato puree, till it’s diluted and add to the saucepan bring the heat up to a boil.
Now we add the contents from the saucepan to our slow cooker.
We do recommend the low setting for around 8 hours.
At around 10-20 minutes prior to serving we will then add the whole milk.
Whilst the milk is blending in to the dish, cook the tagliatele as per the instructions on the packaging.
Once the authentic Bolognese is served on plates, add a sprinkle of the Parmesan cheese, and don’t forget the remaining wine to compliment the dish.